Artists 360 is designed to elevate and energize greater Northwest Arkansas artists by providing them with:
- Grants to support creative projects;
- Learning opportunities to develop entrepreneurship skills and build sustainable creative practices; and
- Connections to a dynamic regional artist network.
The Artists 360 Creative Impact Award provides one exceptional artist based in Northwest Arkansas with unrestricted funds of $25,000 and professional development opportunities, including retreats that facilitate network building. This award is designed to strengthen the artist’s career and deepen the arts community in Northwest Arkansas through participation in grantee retreats, conversations with the Artists 360 peer network, and at the annual Full Circle Showcase.
Download an application guide here: Creative Impact Award Application Guide.pdf
To be eligible for the Artists 360 Creative Impact Award, you must:
- Be considered mid-career or established in your artistic practice.
- Make exceptional work and be recognized as a professional in your field both within Arkansas and nationally.
- Have noted contributions to Northwest Arkansas’s cultural ecosystem.
- Be without access to longstanding institutional support and resources.
- Be committed to building and supporting the arts community in Northwest Arkansas.
- Create work that may come from any artistic discipline, including but not limited to dance, film, folk, music, theatre, and visual art.
- Be available to attend the Artists 360 Grantee Retreat at the 21C Museum Hotel in Bentonville, AR from 9:00 a.m. Saturday, October 21, 2023 through 1:00 p.m. On Sunday, October 22, 2023 and give a 10-minute workshare presentation (meals and private lodging provided).
- Be available to attend the Artists 360 Spring Alumni Retreat at the 21C Museum Hotel in Bentonville, AR on April 20, 2024, and give a keynote 60-minute talk with Q&A about their art practice and career (lodging and meals provided).
- Be available to attend the Artists 360 Full Circle Showcase at Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, AR on April 21, 2024 and present a 10-minute workshare presentation (lodging and meals provided).
- Be a resident of the State of Arkansas and have established residency of at least one year at the time of application in one of the following counties: Benton, Carroll, Crawford, Sebastian, or Washington.
- Retain residency within the five-county region for the duration of the award period (September 2023 through October 2024).
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have non-resident status.
- Artistry: Successful applicants will demonstrate a high level of artistic excellence and show a deep commitment to their work. Selected artists will be advanced in their practice, considered mid-career or established, make exceptional work, and be recognized as a professional in their field both within Arkansas and nationally.
- Community Impact: Successful applicants will have noted contributions to the Northwest Arkansas cultural ecosystem and have a history of commitment to building and supporting the arts community in Northwest Arkansas.
- Leadership: Successful applicants will have a vision for using this opportunity to provide leadership and mentorship in the further development of the Northwest Arkansas artistic community.
Nominations may be made by anyone, including community members, colleagues, family, and friends. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominations are due June 16, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Each nominated artist will receive written communication from Mid-America Arts Alliance by June 20, 2023. Nominees will be asked to submit the following by July 21, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.:
- Artist or Personal Statement.
- Artistic CV or Resume.
- Up to 5 work samples.
- Work Sample Summary (1000 words maximum).
- A statement telling us why they should be considered for the Creative Impact Award (1,000 words maximum).
- Proof of residence.
Creative Impact Award Program Timeline
- May 1, 2023, 9:00 a.m. (CST): Online Applications open
- June 16, 2023: Creative Impact nomination period closes
- June 20, 2023: Nominees Notified and Invited to Apply
- July 21, 2023, 5:00 p.m. (CST): Creative Impact Award Application Deadline
- Application Reviews
- July – August 2023: Panel Review
- September 1, 2023: Applicant notification
- Awardee Important Dates
- October 21-22, 2023: Artists 360 Grantee Retreat
- January 2024: Funding distributed, in one payment
- April 20 – 21, 2024: Artists 360 Alumni Retreat & Full Circle Showcase
- December 13, 2024: Final Reports due